2004 | Japan | Action, Sci-Fi | 101'
Growing out of the chaos of a global war, the city of Utopia is populated by humans and bioroids (artificial humans). On the surface, everything is harmonious, but tensions lurk. Into this seemingly perfect society comes a survivor of the wars, Deunan Knute, who carries a legacy that will turn out to be of critical importance for the future of humanity.
Director : Shinji Aramaki (Space Pirate Captain Harlock)
Production Designer on the Full Metal Alchemist anime series.
Based on the Best-Selling Comic from Masamune Shirow (Appleseed & Ghost in the Shell)
- Boston Fantastic Film Festival (USA), 2004
- Stockholm International Film Festival, 2004
- Helsinki International Film Festival, 2004
- Oslo International Film Festival, 2004
- Munich International Fantasy Filmfest (Germany), 2005
- Adelaide International Film Festival (Australia), 2005